View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
Scott O

Dust is an interesting question. I am not familiar with TMs before the '08 model, but I have a feeling from reading previous posts on this issue that TM continues to improve the sealing of their trailers. I think that if I was to do any dirt road travel I would look into stuffing swim noodles or some such into various nooks and crannies to lessen any potential problem. Ours does seem to be sealed very well, though. Having said that, I have resisted going to any of our favorite desert haunts, not because of potential dust, but I just don't want to take a chance of beating the thing to death on the heavily rutted and washboarded roads. I suppose I could just go very slowly and all would be well, but the design of the TM doesn't seem to be capable of taking much of a beating. But I really don't know of many RVs that can stand up to that sort of thrashing, so the TM might not be alone in this. I guess I just want our 'baby' to be new as long as possible! As far as the velcro goes, they made a minor design change for the tabs which stick on the walls and I do not expect to ever have any velco problems.