View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hi again. The fan's intake vent is located on the side of the bathtub enclosure, near the rear of the toilet. It vents out through a screened hole in the floor under the tub. It seems to me that over the years, the fan was first located on the wall of the bathtub enclosure (under the grille), and then was moved to the top of that screened hole in the floor. The move was a good one, I think, since it reduced the audible noise a bit, and it also put the entire tub area under negative pressure, ensuring that nothing leaks out from under the tub into the living space.

The fan itself is an inexpensive computer-style muffin fan, and it just makes a continuous background rushing sound - something that sounds pretty loud when you first turn it on, but gradually fades into the background. If you decide it is too noisy for your taste, you could either remove it from the floor and reattach it on some rubber washers (to acoutically isolate it from the floor structure), or you couple replace it with a quieter (and probably more expensive) fan.

But I think we are getting way ahead of ourselves here. I suggest that you just enjoy your TM for a few trips, and then re-consider what you really want to do, if anything, about the entire bathroom topic. My guess is that you will decide you are satisfied. Just follow the advice to use a full bottle of blue liquid (don't try to skimp), and to flush fully and often.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote