View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #7
lnussbau

1. This item is well covered above. I agree you've got to get it out of the garage (unless your garage is taller and longer than normal) in order to open it up, but a little preplanning takes care of that. My 2720SL fits under the 7 foot door, even with the low profile air conditioner, with about 2" of clearance. You CAN get rather limited access to the front part of the interior by opening only the front shell (units with a front slide out bed may not give you that access), but that's not likely to work in a garage.

2. This one is, too, but I'll add that the most I've seen get inside my 2720SL from traveling is a very slight amount of dust, and that's even after negotiating muddy dirt roads, driving in the rain at normal highway speeds, etc. In other words, the sealing for travel is better than it might appear.

I'll add, too, that maneuvering the TM by hand in my driveway at home is quite easy, though there's only a slight incline. DW helps me get it moving (if going the slight uphill direction), then stands by for just in case and to place the chocks. If on a level portion or going (slightly) downhill, I get it moving and she stands by to help stop it, if needed, and to place the chocks. Moving it by hand is, most ways, easier than moving a Cessna 182 around on the airport ramp (I normally do that alone), even though the TM is a bit heavier than the 182.