View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:15 AM   #3
SSRLVA

Thanks Bill. Currently I live in the Washington DC area... But I was born and raised in MA so I am quite familiar with Maine. SUCH beautiful country.

This site has already given me some pretty great ideas... I mean I never even considered a telescope or anything.. but now I can picture my son and I sitting out and after a hard day of bike riding canoeing, or if I can learn - fishing, and checking out the stars. Oi!

I am a bit older than your typical first time dad.. I am pushing 38. Wife and I have been married going on 13 years and finally have decided we have changed careers enough and attended enough school.....

I just can;t imagine a better way to spend time as a family than enjoying some of the best nature has to offer. The wife and I have met some of the nicest folks in campgrounds while we were tenting. We stayed for a four days in a campground called Kountry Kamping near Naples, FL that had the nicest older couple in history. Every morning when we came out of our tent they had coffee and conversation waiting for us.

Now I really have to decide what I want to buy. I love the idea of a larger unit but I am ultimately concerned about my tow capacity, storage ability as I like the idea of keeping it in my garage and not havign to pay to store it, and need.

I am also concerned about expense. I have seen on the internet advertise 3120's fro 28,000 while other dealerships selling 2720's for 29,000 yikes I have a lot of research to do.