View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
BrigCA61

We have the 2720 with the front dinette. It's got the slide out so there's lots of room in the entry way. With the sofa in front instead of the dinette you'll have more walking-around room then us. We have 2 medium sized crates against the far wall - adjacent from the front door that stick out no further than the seating area, so it's never in the way. The 2 (feisty) Jack Russells stay in their crates whenever we have to leave them in the trailer while we are away for a few hours. The bigger dog can hang out where ever he pleases. At night, the two smaller dogs snuggle with us in bed (plenty of room even in the queen sized bed (we have a king at home, and this seems bigger than most queens for some reason). The big dog sleeps on one of the dinette sofa seats with a sheet over it. We are all very comfy. Whenever we are all in there together, the big dog always curls up under the table so you don't even know he's there - he actually prefers that spot. I would not leave the dogs alone in the trailer if they are noisy or if the temperature is too hot. If the a/c failed for some reason or there was a power outtage, they could easily die from heat exposure. I would think the TM is the same as any other trailer/5th wheel when it comes to pets being comfortable in it. They aren't too picky afterall Your poodles will be very well suited for the TM. Oh, and we bought the trailer primarily so we can travel and have our dogs with us.... we have been 100% pleased with our purchase so far and have no complaints... this year I've already booked 12 camping trips... we've owned the trailer 2 years now (wow, time flies!!).

Do some searching for the toilet... lots of posts about it. We don't have any issues with it that are "unbearable" and I have a very sensitive nose and hate nasty oders!! In cooler weather, we've never had odor issues. It is only when the weather is very hot - say 90 and above, that there may be some issues. You can keep the bathroom window cracked if it becomes an issue. But mostly, if you do your #2 in the public facilities, you won't have any problems for about 3-4 days. We use the non-formaldehyde drop-ins by CampaChem. You can also add a "Toddy Poddy" for extra oder control. But like I said, it's mostly a non issue. There is a fan in the toilet too to direct the odors outdoors.