Thread: Bed Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:00 PM   #8
meriflower

Bill - The NADA book that dealers use, the options (awning, AC, etc) are "standard" whereas the NADAguides.com gives you $$ for the options. Why NADA does this - I don't know?! We ran into this same issue when we were selling our TT. A dealer did sat down and explained it to us. He also stated that MANY of times they will receive calls from prospective buyers who say they are looking at ABC trailer for X amount of dollars - is that a fair price? The dealer looks up the trade-in value using their NADA book and tells the buyer what they would give for it. Since there's such a disparity between the prices the buyer thinks you (the seller) are asking too much, and asks you if you will lower or just moves on.

So for the price on Tracys' 2004 3023 TM, do not include the options and you will get the price that the NADA "book" lists and dealers and buyers (those who research) use. Low retail is $12,950 and the average retail is $15,600. This is why I say that TM's fare no better or worse that other RV's. Not saying anything against TM - it's just the way it is for cars and RVs. For 2001 pricing, all were within a couple thousand from each other and I didn't do anything real extensive. Obviously Tracy learned a costly lesson about depreciation and upside-down loans.