Thread: Bed Weight
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 09:49 AM   #5
meriflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W. View Post
Yes, they are expensive, but they keep their resale value. It also costs more to build a trailer that light not to mention the fact that it folds up. I know popups fold up also, but they do not have the weight of a hard sided trailer to deal with.
TrailManor states the same thing on their website under the FAQ section. They do not however have any real numbers or data to back that statement up so perhaps just a marketing ploy. I did a quick search using NADA online guides on retail values on a TM 3023 for years 2001-2006, I found that it fared no better or worse than any other RV.

Interestingly enough, on another TM forum (Yahoo) there is an owner of a TM who said that they are now a "disgruntled TM owner as they were told how TMs retain their value". They found out the value of their TM when they went to trade it in for another type of RV. They said they are now "$8000 negative equity" and can't dig themselves out of that "big fat hole" and will now have to keep TM or "win the lottery".

This is not a negative on TM but I do know that any RV (or car) does not retain their value. You lose thousands just driving them off the lot.