View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
2bcs1jrt

I bought my TM a year ago. It is a 1996 2518. I took it to a dealership for a going over. They adjusted the torsion bars and replaced one of the vinyl seals and some foam that had rotted in the wall from that failed seal. The grand total was to be $1100 or so, however due to some questionable service personell issues and some problems you don't want to hear about, they charged me under $700. We use our trailer 10 or 12 times a year. Anything that has come up since has been handled by my husband or myself thanks to this forum. Unfortunately, I wasn't prepared when I bought my trailer so I over paid for it. I am much better prepared should I ever have the opportunity to purchase another one. And yes, in spite of the common problems that you will read about on this forum, if I could, I'd get another TM and I would buy used. I have not found another TT that tows like the TM. The towability factor is huge for us. And the floor plan works well for 2 humans a 3 dogs. (but a larger one would be even better) The new ones are over priced for my budget, however, after seeing the 2007 changes, I guess I'll have to hold on to my little 1996 for another 10 yrs and buy a used 2007!
I tow with a Chevy Astro and average 18 mpg.
I could never have read all that I would have needed to know before purchasing used the first time. I didn't know where to start, but the info is here and people just love to answer our questions on this forum so if you see something you like and have questions about it, ask away.
Cheri