View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 08:39 AM   #14
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Ed -

I've got to agree, that's the kind of people they are.

Busy people on the production floor are asked a question? They'll stop and answer you.

The engineers who are busy designing and checking things are asked a questionn? They'll stop what they are doing, and make sure they answer your question.

The front office people, like Ed Lytle, are busy on the phone with a dealer or a supplier? They'll find a way to stop and answer your question as soon as possible!

You want to look at a particular model? Someone will find out if they have one, and walk you through it and answer your questions for as long as you need.

The company has empowered its employees to do this. Most companies don't. I know I sound like a paid torch-bearer, but I'm not (paid, that is). I've just never met people like this, and I've gotta admit I love it. I have a mental picture of Mr. Hulsey holding an all-hands meeting every Monday morning, and repeating the mantra "Serve our customers first!" at every meeting.

Now, imagine what this means later, when you have a problem that requires factory attention!

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote