View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Magdefrau

I look for discount products. I would had rather bought a new TM from the factory, but they were quick to tell me that they would not sell from the factory. With a smile. I suppose the dealerships they rely on could become undercut quickly. The mark up at the dealership is..... alot. The next step was the used market, we found the discount price there. However, I was told the factory warranty will not carry over to the second owner. But that's OK, because it's a good product and the risk isn't high that the TM will have a major failure. The used market is very taste driven. My taste was for a new looking; clean, shining, no scratches or dents, tears. Not used much if any. It was luck to come across....and it was 7k discount of the price of a new rigg. Some scratches. No warrenty. One tire went flat before we got home, value stem failure. But the deal was good.
The taste in the used market could be anything. You have to know what you want and know the prices. RV sells is a buyer's market. There are so many for sell you the buyer can have what you want for the price you want. Walk away from any thing else.