View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #6
Donde1

[QUOTE=BobRederick]I am interested in purchasing a TM,
* Has anyone used a TM for full timing?
* Any TM recommendations from the viewpoint of several months on the road?
* If you did it, would you do it again?

Bob Rederick

My wife and I, and one Yorkie, traveled extensively in a 3326King for 6 months and absolutely loved it. We felt we had plenty of room, our goal was to ease into full-time. We truly believed the TM 3326King would work as our only home, UNTIL we tried to put everything we owned into the TM.
This had been a three year plan. First we downsized from 3BR 2BTH 2 acres in the country to a 2BR apt. Then extended travel in TM. We thought we where ready for full-time and had found the perfect RV. So on the road we went. Suddenly what had before seemed like plenty of closet and dresser drawer space, was a tight squeeze. Cutting to the chase, two and a half months of the TM being our only home I (still in love with 14mpg) was fine, however my wife could not go on full-time in the TM.
We are still full-time and loving it, but we are now in a 5er (10mpg yuck).

I wouldn't change anything I'm glad we did the way we did (process of elimination), our 5er is enough like a home that we are both happy. I do wish TM built a 5er.

Bottom line the TM is great, even for very long periods of time, when you have a home to go home to. So yes I would do it (extended travel in a TM) again.

P.S. We have a very nice amazingly new-like 1993 3326King for sale!!! $9500

Donde & Debbie in NM