View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 04:38 AM   #8
Grouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D
Sometimes when our TM sits with the hot water tank full, we get this funky smell from the hot water heater. We have to do this occasionally with our well & tank at the house here.
B&D,

A few years back I got some bad water in my trailer in Indiana. The trailer cold water system cleared up right away without special cleaning, but it took two years to get the smell out of the hot water heater. Since then it has not come back.

I see from your post that this is a problem at your home as well. If you're putting water from home in your TM prior to leaving then you maybe the "smelly" water source in the TM is water from your home.

Sinjin,

When it comes time to negotiate the price (yes, it is flexible and ALWAYS negotiable) you should find that there is about 20% between the asking price and the final purchase price .... new or used. This may not be entirely true for new units depending on which dealership you go to. For example, I see many TM dealers use suggested retail where this is most certainly true. But I also see several dealers online advertise their units with appoximately 20% off all ready.

Take the time to go to NADA.com to get an idea of what the trailer will sell for. Just be sure to add on only for optional equipment, not for every item the trailer has on it. This is probably a good target price to buy the trailer at.

I didn't start off as a good negotiater, but after finding that "trusted friends" were burning me, I learned. Last new car I bought I purchased at invoice when they weren't offering any deals other than financing offers. The trailer I have now I purchased used and paid more than 20% less than they were asking. After all, I work too hard for the money I earn, and I'm sure you do too!