View Single Post
Old 02-17-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
CAmark
Site Sponsor

A month ago I was in a simiilar state as you, though the kids are grown and gone so it is just the two of us to accomodate. I have an '04 Pilot and went to an RV show in town. After gathering brochures and talking with several "light weight" trailer dealers I went home to do my own research. I did much of this on the Pilot as a TV since, depending on who you ask, the Pilot is either "no-way" or "marginal" or "adequate" or "no problem" as a TV. Denny A and others (thank you all) have quite extensive discussions in these forums that were helpful to me. The Pilot's factory tow package is essential for this work - this includes extra trans and power steering cooling as well as a class 3 hitch. Loading with care will be called for but I anticipate we will be well equipped for our needs.

We are currently waiting delivery of our 2720SL so obviously I have concluded that we will be able to make the Honda work for us without problem; though please understand that this is still educated speculation at this time. Do your homework, make your own decision, and be comfortable with it.

My remaining question is that Honda recommends against a WDH. I cannot get a satisfactory answer as to why this is; I assume it is due to the frame having to carry some of the load and it is not designed with this in mind. That said, I have seen several posts here (again Denny A with a Honda van?) that talk of WDH use on other mini-SUV or mini-van with good results.
or 04 Pilot w/ Tow Package
Prodigy Brake Controller; Husky 800/1200 WDH; McKesh Mirrors
2006 2720SL; A/C; awning; swing hitch; 14" NEXEN Load Range D tires
CAmark is offline   Reply With Quote