View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:01 PM   #2
BobRederick

Cathy,

You will find most TrailManor (TM) owners were previously popup tent camper owners. I am one of them and have the model 3326. Coleman Williamsburg was my last camper. We owned a total of 3 different pop-ups.

You will find the same advantages and disadvantages with TM. I pull mine with a 6 cylinder GMC Envoy and am happy with it.

Everything is down low and you have to bend over to get it. The bottom shelves are right on the floor and up to 23 inches deep. I just tonight bought some Rubber Maid baskets at Wal-Mart to place in there. They allow me to a) stack things up to use all the space, b) get at it without pulling items out, c) see what is in there, d) stay off my knees to do it all, and e) take them into the house to load them between trips. I did the same thing on the Coleman except there was an outside door that I could push the baskets thru with the top down.

The shower is about 2X or 3X the area of the Coleman. It can be used nicely and I like it. The hot water is instantly there. I modified the curtain (Velcro) to stay against the walls and the shower space doubled instantly.

I had 20 gal of fresh water in both, however, I can open a cabinet door and see the remainder in the TM but had no idea what remained in the Coleman. I really like that and can now use the water for showering and enjoying camping.

The refrig is really small. I think this is the poorest feature on the TM. You have to put stuff in it carefully. I am now trying to figure how to put loose stuff in there without having it fall out onto the floor when I open the door. I am looking for little basket organizers that allow cool air to pass right thru them.

I could put water, battery, porta-potty, and groceries in my Coleman without opening it up. Can't do any of those on the TM. It has to be opened.

I hated the door seals on the Coleman. I don't hate anything on the TM.

I don't think any camper is very secure. The TM now comes with a deadbolt on the door.

Setup time is less with the TM. I don't have to worry about the crank-up not working. The Coleman was hydraulic and operated from the battery only.

The TM tows better than a Coleman and has no tendency to wag its tail at all.

The 3326 has gobs of storage space. I am only using about 1/3 of it now.

I hope that helps.

Bob