View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 08:40 PM   #6
BobRederick

Jess,

Good questions. I'll answer inside your quoted questions. Most of your questions are well answered already.

[QUOTE=JessWD]
I'm wondering if anyone feels comfortable sharing what speed they generally travel while towing their TM?
I bought my TM 3326 in Indiana and towed it to Arizona. I found the truck speed to be pretty much ideal. I liked 65 mph best. In a car, the trucks are always too slow for me, but with the TM it worked out fine. I didn't pass many of them and few of them passed me.

3) How crucial is it to plan ahead: where you will spend the night / where you wish to park.
Easy. One drives, the other reads the Woodall's book. Then the cell phone call. I often found even better places by stopping somewhere (like the DQ) where there are usually questions are asked about the TM. (Best one I heard was "you are a lot taller than I expected after seeing you arrive with that camper!".) These folk often point out unmarked campgrounds that they like best.

7) What is the greatest NO, NO!
My biggest problem was with the refrig running on 12V and getting to camp with a dead battery. That wasn't a big deal since we were using hookups, but I dread the day that happens when dry camping. My next experiment will be to put blue ice in the refrig and just turn it off when on the road.

Hope you find this helpful.

Bob