Thread: Tacoma v Tundra
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 03:24 PM   #8
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragmopp View Post

You might have to rob two banks for the Tundra. Toyota, being Toyota, has a tendency to ask top dollar for their vehicles. Of course you do end up getting a reliable vehicle for miles and miles and miles.
OK, while I am still on my soap box:

I bought a 79 Ford F150, new. 27 years and 185,000 miles later, I sold it to my daughter and son-in-law, who still use it, and have started restoring it. It was looking a little ragged, some rust, faded paint, but still ran great. I would still have it, but have kinda gotten to like AC, power steering, wanted a 4x4, and all of the niceties of newer vehicles. Also wanted something to tow more, as the old truck just had a 6 cyl.

I had a neighbor that bought an 84 Toyota. Replaced the bed 1996 and got it painted.....looked great. By 2002, rust was showing through again, and it failed to pass the VA. safety inspection because the frame had rusted so bad. He gave the truck to a guy for farm use.

I know, I know, Toyotas are built a lot better now. But so are the "Big 3s". Trucks have come a long way.

I am now stepping off of my soap box. Thanks for letting me vent. Just consider all trucks, and see what fits the best.

Chap