Thread: Tacoma v Tundra
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonopah View Post
The Tundra has awesome tow capacity (10,000 pounds) and is very expensive. The Tacoma has 6500 pounds tow capacity and is less expensive. Both are very nice vehicles.

Any experiences with these or similar TVs would be appreciated. Thanks!

Have you also checked out other trucks?? No offense, but the prices that I see on Toyotas are unreal. And I just don't see the big advantages.

I bought a new 06 F150 Ranger XLT, Quad Cab, 4x4, with 5.4 L V8 engine last year when the rebates were on. A bunch of other options. Paid $25,710. A friend bought an 06 Tacoma, V6, 6 sp., about the same time. He paid ~$24,000 with a trade in....although that wasn't worth much. He does average 2 more mpg than me. But he has a smaller bed, a back seat that I don't think an adult can fit in, a cramped cab, lower towing capacity, less power, lower payload.....but I agree that it is a great truck. The truck fits what he needs it for, and mine does the same.

I checked out the Dodge, Nissan Titan, and Chevy/GMC 1/2 tons.....at that time Toyota only offered the V6. The Chevy was big on frills, the Dodge had a lot extras that I saw causing problems later, and neither 1 fit the missus or I just right. The Nissan Titan was a nice truck, drove great, a little cramped in front, really cramped in back, smaller bed, made in the good ol' USA, but the price was sky high. By the way, last year when I was looking at trucks, the reg. cab Chevy was made in Mexico, as well as the 5.7 L Hemi engine. I still like to support our own.

Again, nothing wrong with Toyotas.....I have friends that have great ones. But for the price you pay for a Tundra, I bet you can find an equal "Big 3" truck, and have a bit of change left when you leave the dealership.

Chap