Thread: Tacoma v Tundra
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
ragmopp

I have a 2005 Tacoma with the v6 and 6 speed tranny. I also have a 2720SL like you. The Tacoma pulls the trailer with no problems whatsoever. Living in the Sierras I need to pull some pretty steep 'hills'. I can maintain whatever speed I wish to travel (generally never more than 65), by simply downshifting to the appropriate gear. To give you an idea, 4th gear will maintain my usual 62 mph going over Donner Summit, which is 7200 feet. It MIGHT be necessary for 3rd gear going over some of the passes in Colorado though. Even in 4th gear I am only taching appx 3500 rpms. The Tacoma is a great tow vehicle for this trailer, don't even know its back there. I do have a Equalizer hitch...If you decide on the Tacoma ensure you get the tow package from the factory. That includes everything you will need, class 4 hitch, heavy duty battery, and prewired for your Prodigy. If you get the automatic it also comes with the necessary tranny cooler.

The Tundra would more than handle towing 2 TM's . Might be a little overkill though, unless you really need/want a big vehicle.

Mike Anderson