View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #2
BOB_STRONG
Site Sponsor

Default Roof leak

Virginia,

Last Fall when camping in October, I developed the same leak at the antenna area. Ed Lytle sent me the caulking that they use at the factory to fix my leaks. I had leaks around the two roof vents, and the antenna was leaking and then dripping on the crank. The leaks around the vents was just because of being 4 years old. The caulking at the antenna area seemed to be good but, I recaulked around the entire base area. I then made sure that I put caulking all over each screw that attached the base to the roof. It worked so I don't know if it were leaking around the base or around the screws. Whatever I did, it worked and that's all that counts.

I made sure that I cleaned off the old caulking and then used mineral spirits to take off any oil or dirt & grease.

I would call Ed Lytle at the factory to see if he would send you a tube of the caulking since you have a brand new unit. The best way is to have the trailer down so you can get to the antenna easily.

Hope my suggestion works.