Thread: Snow load?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 06:01 PM   #7
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
If you have a powerful leaf blower you may be able to blow most of the snow off. There are some obstacles to be aware of on the roof. Be sure not to brake any of the vent covers.

We got 6" of wet snow on our roof while camping in 15* weather in February. It warmed up to 33* the following day. Some of the snow turned to solid ice and then it snowed again that night before we had to close up to go home the next morning. It was quite a job clearing that mess to close down.
That looks like a chore! I got over and cleared the majority of the snow that night. It had gotten a little crusty but no ice. Got 5” more snow that night but it was quite light. Went and cleared that too. So now there is about 2” on it (from the most recent dusting yesterday) that I will head over and check out tomorrow. Going to be cold but clear for the next week or so. I’ll get a step ladder out there to get a good look at the roof, make sure I’ve got it all off then close it up.

Unfortunately a leaf blower isn’t an option. Can’t plug in to anything in the storage yard. I suppose I could try to haul a generator over. I’m hoping next year I’ll be able to keep her in the yard at home. This year that wasn’t possible. ☹️.
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote