View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 12:28 AM   #2
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

Welcome! You will find this site very friendly and helpful. Just be aware that, as a trial member, you have access to the entire site. When your trial ends, your access will be limitted. This is the only forum I actually pay for.

You seem to have an initial question about a tow vehicle. Do lots of searching here about tow vehicles. In general, TV with unibody construction, while are able to pull a TM, can be overloaded very quickly and easily. I have a Tahoe, which is probably overkill for a TM, but I have it for other reasons as well. I got my wife a 2008 Explorer which has done a great job towing, but the newer unibody ones have a lower towing capacity. Many unibody SUV say you cannot use a WDH. I like to use the WDH because it is the only way to balance the weight between the front and rear axles of the TV. (levelling suspensions do not equalize the weight, they just make the SUV look level).

There are some owners who tow with unibody based SUV just fine. You just need to know the specific limitations of whatever vehicle you choose. On our first trip, we overloaded our rear axle very slightly on the Tahoe. That's when I got the WDH.

Enjoy and peruse the forum!

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote