View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Tx Trlmnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
Right now, when I back the TM into the garage, I have 1/4 inch of clearance between the a/c and the garage door header.

I assume that the diameter of a 15 inch tires is greater than the diameter of a 14 inch tire. That may not be true.

I could let the air out of the tires a bit, but I could not add air to one tire because it is up against the wall. It is also very difficult to set the rear corner jack, so I can not use the jacks to take the weight off of the partially deflated tire.

What would happen if I deflated the tires enough to gain about an inch of clearance, and then stored the TM in the garage that way for 4 months?

I could either raiser the header for the double garage door, or lower the floor. Both sound expensive.
I am new here and can't help but present the following:

This might sound like I'm being a smart arse, but I'm truly thinking just a bit outside the box.... If the 15" tires are so much better for road travel vs 14" would it be possible to have the lift kit installed ( +2") install the 15" tires for travel (+1") and then when you get home put much smaller wheels on the TM before backing it in. That is, if you can find a 12" rim with the same bolt pattern. That may be more work than the road time with 15" tires is worth, but it is a solution.