View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:07 AM   #7
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Thumbs up details about "LA's TOTALLY AWESOME"

dennis asked me for more details, so I'm duplicating my email reply to him here:

"LA's TOTALLY AWESOME" comes in a clear bottle of 20 fl. oz. The label also says "As seen on TV" on the front. On the back it says, "This product is not manufactured by the R.F. Thompson Company or Affiliated with it's 'Awesome' Brand Cleaning Products". The actual mfr is "Awesome Products Inc." of Buena Park, CA.

There are other flavors of this on the shelf, including a larger bottle of "orange" flavored stuff stuff (the bottle itself is blue). But the bigger bottles don't SAY that they should be cut with water-- so I suspect that they're not as concentrated.

There's a big list of dilution instructions on the bottle, e.g. "aircraft" is 10:1, and "kitchen stove" is 5:1 (water to 'totally awesome'. They SAY to use 10:1 water for "air conditioners", but I've only used it straight out of the bottle for MOST of the really nasty things I use it on-- air conditioners (TM and house), asphalt and pine sap stains on TM exterior, wallpaper stains on the TM interior, and asphalt-based roofing compound clean up from roof repair. It's much better to use this on the TM wallpaper than to scrub and scrub with something less strong-- scrubbing causes real damage on that wallpaper, this is totally safe (although I've never had it on there for more than a couple of seconds before gently wiping clean.)

For the home's AC condenser, I make a quick "river-bank" out of duct tape to direct the runoff into a garbage can lid, and each time that fills I dump that into my house's sewer cleanout. It's obviously way too concentrated and "nasty" to allow runoff of this stuff onto the ground or untreated storm sewers, that would be grossly irresponsible.

For anything on the TM exterior or interior, it's just spray on and wipe off. For my model year (2006), it's "awesome" on interior wallpaper stains too -- no damage, no scrubbing needed. And of course, it's just spray on- wipe off to look showroom new on the exterior.

Again, you're looking for "LA's Awesome". Wayne, your product appears to have an advantage in "rinsing not necessary", but I like having just one little bottle around to do everything. Thanks for the link, though, others might prefer the convenience of the one you just pointed at.