View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #9
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb Yeah, Highlander has adequate POWER. But that's not the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Card View Post
I would like to correct the record on a few comments that I have read on this site during the past two years.

Firstly, the Toyota Highlander is suitable for towing a TM 2619.... Our TM weight ready for the road is a little under 2800lbs and we normally cruise at 60-65mph seldom dropping below 50mph on long climbs. You do not require a V8 gas guzzler to tackle long road trips with a TM2619 and I would imagine a 2720. The Highlander pulls the load very easily provided you disengage the cruise for hilly terrane and keep the engine in a rev range of 3,000-4,500 rpms.
My complaint isn't with the drivetrain, it's with the WHEELBASE and the TRACK. Yeah, I'm chicken. I'd rather be a living chicken than a dead duck. Others (such as, you, I think) know what they're doing and make a reasonable choice to live with somewhat more danger. Still others are clueless, and have no idea what I'm talking about. Feel free to offer your opinion and experience, but the phrase "correct the record" doesn't seem fair for disagreeing with MY opinion, knowledge, and experience.

BTW, my current 4Runner is also a "mere" V6, we have that in common.