View Single Post
Old 07-28-2002, 10:38 AM   #8
Denny_A
Former TM Owner

Default Re: Slide-out floor getting soft

Quote:
 -----snip-------

Now, any idea what the floor material is? It feels like plywood, but I haven't confirmed. Is plywood an aeroelastic material? I'm not sure, though I guess Howard Hughes did build the Spruce Goose out of plywood ...

The real problem that I see is that the flex has gotten progressively worse. In the beginning, it was just kinda bouncy - not too bad. But as time went on, it got to the point where it now flexes right down until it rests on the floor underneath it. Although this is a self-limiting situation, I guess, it still suggests material failure to me.
-----snip-------

I'll hope to get at this project in the next couple of weeks, and will report back. Meanwhile, thanks again.

Bill

Floor material looks like plywood sandwiched with sheet metal. Mine flexes reasonably, showing no signs of being marginal. Since we have the same unit, yr & model, it seems you may have been (as you suggest) unlucky to have had faulty material(s) used in construction of that area.

I'd think a call to TM is in order . Mike Hulsey is probaly the guy to check into it and get a response from the engineer(s).

Good Luck

Denny_A
Denny_A is offline   Reply With Quote