View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 04:34 AM   #1
coralcruze

Default Battery dieing quick.

First I will start by saying that usually we go to campgrounds. But lately since I am fixing the TM on weekends I have been seeing some battery issues. My 6 YO battery seem to have died and wasn't holding a charge. Brought it into a Walmart and they did a battery test with a battery testing machine. Told me it's a dead battery. So I purchased a new deep cycle 80cca battery. Just as before I am using a generator to recharge after about two days. Once again I am seeing the new battery can't seem to hold a charge after charging it using my generator. I charged it completely to 12.6v at around 9pm and shut all light for the night at around 12. At 5 am woke up to TM beeping. Tested battery and was 6.5v. When I use my generator I hook up me electrical plug from the TM and can see my inboard void meter is at 13.4‐7 so the converter seems to be doing its job.

I do see slight discoloration on the threaded stem on the positive terminal which I am reading could be a sign of short circuit... I took a pic of it and will post it later for input from folks that know alot more than I do about this stuff.

Obviously I want to know if it's just a baby battery that I picked up and no issues with my converter or generator causing this. I should mention that the old original battery died when I started to boondock and draw power all way down. Should these deep cycle batteries be charged at a specific voltage when boondocking. Sorry newbie here with boondocking. Thanks in advance for all assistance.
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote