View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 09:58 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Dis-assembling the window is annoying, but not a big deal. But how much of the "window" did you break? If only the glass itself, Waverly's suggestion is probably best. But if the frame is bent or broken, you will probably want to work with Shane. I went through this a few years ago, and Hehr replacements directly from the Hehr distributor are very expensive.

The inconvenience will be this. Hehr makes probably a thousand different RV windows - literally. They have individual designs for every window on every motor home / motor coach / trailer on the market. And many of them seem identical, especially if you simply measure the dimensions. In order to know exactly which one you need, you have to unscrew the retainer ring inside the trailer that clamps the window assembly onto the wall. Once you get this ring off, you will find a white paper label with a LONG set of part numbers. This is what you must match, and if Shane's window label matches yours, you are good to go. If not, there may be a subtle difference such as a slightly different radius on a curved corner, which means the window won't quite fit right.

My story from five years ago is here
https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ghlight=pellet
Thanks to Sonja, the parts manager at the time, I was able to get a replacement window from a scrap pile at the TM factory. You might be so lucky now ... or not. But even if you are, the window frame will be black, and you will need to be ready to paint it.

Good luck.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote