View Single Post
Old 03-26-2022, 08:38 AM   #3
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiG View Post
We are in the market for a Trailmanor but we have literally never towed anything in our lives. We own a Ford Expedition that we will use to tow it. My husband and I have researched but we are still in the dark on what exactly we even need to tow this thing. We have a tow hitch but there seem to be so many options and we are clueless.
The Ford Expedition is a GREAT choice for towing a TM (depending on year/miles and condition). I doubt very much that you will need a WDH on that vehicle unless it is very high mileage or you have a ton of passengers and cargo.

The one thing that many neglect is getting the transmission serviced before starting to tow if your Expedition has 50K+ miles on it. It's a good idea to have the brakes and tires checked before towing. If it has 100K+ miles, it's a good idea to have the brake fluid flushed.

When you find your TM, be sure that it has working brakes on the trailer and that the tires are under 5-years-old. The tire manufacturer puts a DOT date code on every tire. Be sure to check them (including the spare).