View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 AM   #27
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
Doubt it, just mild trailer braking should stop a sway. Is usually a harmonic speed but braking just the TV is not a good idea. Has to do with force vectors.
Padgett,

My understanding about how to stop sway, was to reach down and manually hit the trailer brake on the controller, and slightly increase acceleration on the TV. Then after it is under control, back off on the accelerator and use the trailer brakes to slow down. Is that your understanding also?

And no I have never had any sway when pulling the TM. But years ago I had a real bad case when I went to get a load of 50 Christmas trees on a utility trailer. The fellows at the nursery loaded it all wrong and put all the heaviest trees on the back end of the trailer. There was NO tongue weight, and after I got out of their drive and up to about 45 mph it started shaking and I almost lost everything in the ditch. Shook about 1/2 of the trees off over 100 yards. Boy, what a mess. I learned real quick how to properly load a trailer on the side of a very busy highway...

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote