Thread: Blown tire
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #19
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Red face 65 psi cold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottieMom View Post
Well, fortunately for me, there's a local tire shop in Albuquerque that carried Maxxis, so that's where I got mine. I just had them mounted on the rims that came with the TM. I have them inflated to 65 psi and I try to keep my speed around 65 mph (cruise control helps with that). I already had metal stems put in and I have TPMS sensors on them so I can monitor both temp and pressure while on the road.
yes, with the stock rims 65 psi is the limit for those rims....however, if you start out running 65 psi when the tire is cold (at the beginning of your day), once you have started down the road for about 30 minutes the tires will heat up (especially during the summer) and the tire pressure will go up as well. Depending on the load they could gain as much as 10 psi, which will put you at 75 psi., well over the pressure capacity limit of your stock rims (65psi). So if I were you, I would start out with 58-60 psi in my tires so as to have a little margin of safety for when they get hot. Does this seem reasonable? After all if you have a tire monitor you should be able to see this happen.
Tom
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote