View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
modhatter

Default Basic plumbing questions

Trying to understand the plumbing system before we venture out for the first time.
A few questions:

1.When you fill your TM up with water through the garden hose inlet, does it go all the way through to fill up the hot water heater as well?

2.Does it work the same way if you were to try and fill it through the Lo Pressure Bucket Fill on the outside. Would it be able to push water through into water heater that way as well or does the pump have to be turned on once the 20 gal. water tank is full in order to pull it through into the water heater.

3.When do you know it is full? Does it just spill back out the inlet hole once it is full?

4. At what point do you turn on your faucets when you are filling your TM with water to releave air. Is it only when you turn the pump on. Not getting the sequence here.

5. When you dump your grey water, that does not drain the hot water heater does it?

5. Since you can burn the element up if you don’t have water in the hot water heater, and it is advisable to keep TM plugged in while being stored (not used) so you don’t run the battery down, I assume it is OK to leave water in hot water heater. I live in southern Florida, so I don’t have winterizing concerns.

6. Where is the valve to drain the hot water heater located and what does it look like.

7.Where is the hot water heater located on the TM2619 (Yr 2007) I have a tank under the sink that have pipes labled hot and cold, and something under the dinette seat. I assume that’s the hot water heater under the sink? Where is the pump located? I got a schematic on the Plumbing system, but nothing I can find any drawings showing where everything is located.

8. FUSES: I was hoping to find somewhere in the literature something that listed all the different types of fuses to buy, but no such luck. I only saw one drawing that indicated an actual fuse type. I want to buy spare fuses and bulbs to carry with me. What do I have to do-pull out every fuse in the TM to find out what it takes? Has anyone made up any lists of recommended fuses to buy. I don’t know how many different fuses there are, so going into the automotive store and asking for an assortment – I don’t know how realistic this is.

9. Where is the electrical box located? I understand there is a 30 amp fuse in that which I know I need to have a spare of. I need to locate that. Can anyone lead me on the right track as to know what types of fuses to buy?

. Needless to say, I am totally inept in these matters, but trying hard to learn. I am a single female who always took my car in to have it serviced, and called the repair man when something in the house needed fixing. Now I’m trying to learn how to do preventative maintenance and small repairs for the first time, and it’s a little challenging. I apologize for these elementary questions.