View Single Post
Old 07-02-2003, 04:16 PM   #8
bbeckham

Default Re: CLEANING YOUR TRAILMANOR

Quote:

Happy Trails, what concentrations did you use. Just got some and the 5:1 did a nice job on the awning ;D

Betty Ann
Yikes!!! I ran into problems with the 5:1 concentration on the roof of the TM. Dissolved the paint  

First I washed the awning, the sides of the TM then top of the lower shell with great success.  Did a side at a time. Applied with a brush, scrubbed, hooked water to the brush and rinsed. All went well. Next washed the top portion of the lower shell which is covered after closing up the TM - no problem. Closed up and started on the remainder of the exposed roof. Got 1/4 done. Much to my dismay, as I scrubbed the paint began to dissolve - right down to the aluminum in some areas.

This TM was purchased used. Since all went well on the rest of the TM, it makes me wonder if:

1.  The top had been repainted and I was dealing with a different medium.

2.  The roof paint had deteriorated from exposure. This may explain why the protected roof section of the lower shell faired so well.

In any event, hope Happytrails has some input that will help. In the future I will use a 15:1 ratio. Hope others will not have to repeat my "learning experience"

Now I have some repainting to do.

Betty Ann