View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004, 08:05 AM   #5
G-V_Driver
Site Sponsor

Ah, the old days.

Larry, I enjoyed your story and was reminded of the time our Oklahoma State freshman football team traveled to Fayetteville on a cold drizzly day for a night game at Razorback stadium. As the temperature fell throughout the afternoon, the streets began to freeze lightly.

The team bus couldn't negotiate the icy hills, so everybody jumped out and 40-50 of us pushed the bus when necessary to get up to the field house where we dressed. When the bus was able to make headway, we just ran along beside it. Seemed like a long way at the time, especially since the varsity homecoming game was scheduled for the following day and a large percentage of the student body seemed to be out on the streets. Most of them (or so it seemed) took great pleasure in heckling us as we made our way across the campus. Maybe that extra pre-game effort explains why we got drubbed.

And since you have extensive experience with both camping and medicine, I wonder if you can answer a question that has been in the back of my mind for more than 30 years.

Why is it that small children demonstrate a marked tendency to become nauseuous under the following conditions:
1. while tent camping in remote areas
2. between 2 and 4 am
3. when it is raining cats and dogs
4. when the thunder mug has already been used for its intended purpose and therefore not suitable for further use by puking children

I'm sure there must be a scientific explanation, but haven't heard it yet.

Thanks,

Wayne

2003 3124KS drug by 2001 1500 2WD Suburban
G-V_Driver is offline   Reply With Quote