View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:14 PM   #19
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Well, when we were at the dealership nobody ever said anything about not using one. In fact, they spent nearly three hours trying to help us get it hooked up. It wasn't until we called back after we had gone home, asking it it would be okay just to tow home that a guy that had assisted for like five minutes told us that we shouldn't use one and he just said that all unibody vehicles shouldn't use one.

So I looked into that and found that is only true for some unibody vehicles and that it really depends on what your manual says. So we looked at out manual and it actually gives directions for using it with a weight distribution system. I don't see why the manual would tell you how to use one if it wasn't okay, ya know?

As far as the weight, do you think it will be an issue since it is cutting it so close? The GVRW means with all of the tanks loaded, right? We don't plan on moving it with the tanks loaded (except maybe propane) and we really won't be bringing hardly anything at all with us. Just a few dishes and some camping chairs.
Hi Serenity,
I tow my 2922KB with a 2020 Toyota Highlander which is roughly the same size as your Infiniti SUV.

One thing I'd like to call out is that Infiniti may say that your QX60 is able to use a weight distribution hitch, but that statement may only be true if using an Infiniti trailer hitch. I would check that the Uhaul hitch you're using utilizes the exact same mounting points as the factory installed one (all of the mount points)and that the Uhaul hitch is (specifically) rated for WDH use.

At the time I purchased my Highlander, Toyota didn't have a factory hitch available for my trim level (Platinum), so I installed a Curt trailer hitch not realizing that Curt didn't approve that specific model for WDH use. Later I found that Curt did have a Highlander trailer hitch which was rated for WDH hitch use. (But Curt's WDH "certified" tow hitch used the exact mounting points on my Highlander)

Upon investigating further, I found that Toyota's factory hitch had several more mounting points than the available aftermarket (Curt and Drawtite) hitches....leading me to remove and replace the original Curt trailer hitch with a factory trailer hitch. The factory hitch bolts onto the vehicle in 7 spots vs. Curt's 4 mount points.

You will be at the very upper tow limit for your vehicle while towing a 3124; please make sure that you're confident that the tow vehicle meets the Infiniti specs for using a Weight Distribution Hitch.

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote