View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 09:05 AM   #15
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Default My round bar WDH length is 31", fits.

If you can describe 'how' it doesn't fit together, some other people might have more detailed advice for you.

But I will guess that your problem was this Reese specification, the length of the bars being too short to reach past the swing hitch:
  • Sway control bracket positioning: 24-1/2" - 27-1/2" back from center of coupler

With my TM, the range of workable bar length values starts at around 28-1/2" (reaching past the swing hitch assembly) and ends at about 32" (the point at which the chain heads/bar receivers would run into the propane tanks).

I have vertical propane tanks, horizontal tanks might have a different value for maximum length. My own 'el cheapo' round bar hitch, with 30" between the midpoint of the round bar "drop" and the middle of the chain attachment loop, fits with about one more inch of free space present between the chain attachment hooks and the propane tanks.

That's a bar length of 31" total, from the tapered end of the bar (with the chain) up to the center of the "vertical" round bar.

Lots of TM owners use Anderson WDH, avoiding the nasty job of cinching up the chains with each trip. But they cost a lot of of money. If you don't need a trunnion bar design (for better ground clearance), and don't need a drop of more than 2", then this one would fit and do the job pretty well: https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...RT/C17052.html

One of the answers, among the "product questions", includes the fact that the bars are 31" long - nearly identical to my own.