View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 08:31 PM   #11
Serenity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
I think that your real question may be, "How much will a WDH level out the tow vehicle?"

The weight distribution hitch takes some of the tung weight and transfers it to the front wheels of the tow vehicle. It also transfers some weight to the trailer axle. That helps level out the weight between the 3-axles and (hopefully) levels the entire set-up.

I tow our 2009 2720SL with a Honda Ridgeline. I had the same issue with the rear of the Ridgeline squatting. The Anderson WDH leveled everything out and I feel more comfortable now.

Before pic with squat. after pic of level trailer, the Ridgeline is level also but I can't find the pic. 3rd pic is the Anderson WDH.
Yeah, the distance between our wheels and wheel well is a lot less than yours. I think that is partly why the dealership was concerned. My husband works for Uhaul and he has said all along that we will need a weight distributor to make it work and he was right. Now we just have to find one that works with the swing hitch I guess. I am thinking that one with chains instead of bars is probably better but my husband looked at your last picture and he said that right where you have your chains hooked up to the TM, that there is safety chains on our Trailmanor that are in the way of where we would need to hook them up at.
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote