View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
viking

I am not familiar with the Elkmont but I looked at the diagram in the brochure. If your power converter is the same as my 3326 I had several 12V open circuits on the panel so I just wired in a new 12V heavy duty receptacle that can handle 15 amps that I bought at O’Rilleys Auto Supply. I put the new receptacle next to the power converter and existing 12V receptacle that came with the TM. The existing 12V receptacle can only support 8 amps according to the manufacturer and blew the fuse when I plugged in the pump for my air mattress that required 11 amps.

Looking at the diagram if you were to put in a new circuit you might be able to run the wire from the power converter under the shower to underneath the sink to under towel storage to under the couch. You could then install the wire to the front part of the couch and put the new receptacle there. At this location you can put your equipment on the table and run the power cord straight down to the floor. Another way that you can run the wires is to just drill a hole in the floor in the power converter area and just run the cables underneath the TM to under the couch and drill another hole to run the cables under the couch. Use some liquid foam (Good Stuff and any big box store) to seal the holes and make sure the wires are secured under the TM.

Good Luck!