View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 09:48 PM   #7
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Default Re:Over Inflate Tires when storing trailer ?

No, Larry, we are talking the same thing...using the rear jacks to support the back end of the trailer for an extended period to totally (or at least mostly) remove the weight of the trailer from the tires. I knew I shouldn't have tossed in that mention of using the front jacks...it just confused my main point.

I remain completely confident that based on TM's clear instructions to use the rear jacks for leveling the trailer, it is perfectly safe to use those jacks on a very long term basis (many months) to support the rear of the trailer during storage. Given the litigious age we live in, if they had meant their instructions to be limited in time (e.g. Don't do this for more than 3 days or your trailer will be permanently bent), I'm sure they would have so stated to preclude legal liability.

But to remove any ambiguity about TM's design limitations vis-a-vis long term use of the rear jacks as support for the rear of the trailer, I will call TM in the next day or so to get the official opinion. My bet is they'll say it's no problem at all but I will report whatever they say to this forum.
RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote