View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:58 PM   #22
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Cliff -

Again you make some good points, and I don't want to get into a passionate argument about 3500-pound vs 5000-pound vs 7000-pound rated vehicles. As ThePair pointed out, we have several members who use 3500-pound-rated vehicles, apparently with good results. At the same time, I will point out that we also have many members who tried 3500-pound vehicles and were scared enough by the experience to buy something else.....................snip.............

Bill
Bill your last sentence fits my wife and I to a T. I have had four times when I towed a camper and said never again. Three times I was near the the TV capicaty, the most recent was when I towed the 28 ft Outback home from MD. It was extremely nerve racking in the I-95 bumper to bumper traffic. The fourth time was a 2600# pop-up I pulled with the S-10 we owned at the time. The S-10 TC was 5200# and the seat of the pants feel was worse then towing the Outback, 6000# with the Dodge at a TC of 6700# or is it 7100#. Just can't pin the Dodge down I'll be glad when the new standards are in place. When I pulled the Outback home from MD DW refused to go.

I'm very comfortable with the TM behind the Dodge in the right hand lane at 60 to 62 MPH.

While looking for some other info came across this link on placard vs actual TM weights:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...0&postcount=72

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote