View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 10:31 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Which 2922 model are you looking at? If the tank is under the sink, I'm guessing it is a KS or KD with a 20-gallon tank .

Replacing a tank should be easier for a dealer with a service shop than it will be for you. I'm surprised they are not taking care of it as a routine matter. They should be able to get a tank directly from the factory, and have it shipped for low or no cost on the next truckload of TMs that come through your area. They also have a heated indoor work area with one or more mechanics on duty. Perhaps you should offer to pay for it as part of the purchase. If they give you a price, you might also query the factory about how much they would charge you for a replacement tank, including shipping. You may be surprised.

It just doesn't seem like a really big deal. I guess I fear that something more may be wrong with the trailer, and the dealer is using the tank problem as a shiny object, to justify the "As Is" declaration. On the other hand, it is a 10-year-old unit, so perhaps that is common and fair. Will you have a chance to do a really thorough look-over before you take delivery?

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote