View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
All of the lights you mention are powered by the tow vehicle, not the TM, so checking the TMs fuse box won't get you anywhere. Instead, you should start with the tow vehicle's fuse box. I doubt that you will find anything there, but it is an easy check.

Backup lights? For a short time, the South Dakota factory didn't run the backup light wire from its end behind the refrigerator to the backup lights. On mine, the taillight fixtures don't even have the white panels that the backup lights are supposed to shine through. Does your TM have the white panels on the tail light fixtures?

The fact that the running lights come on in the back shell, but not on the front shell, says that the tow vehicle's power is getting though the Bargman 7-pin connector and into the TM, which is good. I think that the two strings of running lights (front and back shells) have different grounds, so if the lights in the front shell won't come on. it is quite possibly an open ground in the front string. Do you have your blue binder? It contains a diagram showing where the wires and the grounds are located.

The outside lights also get their grounds through the separate grounding scheme mentioned above, so the fact that the front running lights and the front sidelights are both disabled again suggests a bad ground in the front shell. The sidelights also have their own switches in the fixture, in addition to the indoor switch. Have you confirmed that both are on?

Bill
Hey bill..Bill... thanks for your reply. I did take a multimeter to the barman 7 way and verified that I am getting 11.37V for the accessory lights out of the Bergman. That's why I am thinking it's something on the TM.

Yes, I do have clear lense on the rear break lights and know those used to work when going in reverse...

I will have to check in my blue binder for ground location
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote