View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Tom, it doesn't matter what I set mine at. My trailer weighs a different amount than yours. My TV braking system may send a different voltage through the controller at different levels of braking intensity.

You will have to set yours to your own situation. My controller was set at about 6 with my first trailer and different Grand Cherokee. I now set my controller to about 9 with my newer trailer and newer Grand Cherokee. You must set it for your situation, not follow my settings for my situation.

Good luck! I believe the instructions tell you how to set it for your setup. Probably "Roll slowly, and engage the manual activation switch. If trailer doesn't stop the rig, stop (using TV brakes), adjust controller to higher intensity, and repeat the test. Increase or decrease controller setting until manual activation will stop the rig from a slow roll."

Please read your instructions, but what I wrote above is how I recall it to be, and how I set at the beginning of each trip. I adjust as necessary, if I feel the braking is too intense or too weak as the trip progresses.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote