View Single Post
Old 08-08-2002, 11:56 AM   #6
KB7OUR

Default Re: Weight Distributing Hitch

Bill,

I recently purchased the Eual-i-zer brand hitch for our 2720SL and GMC Yukon XL combo. I asked for and got a lot of different opinions on EQ hitches, most saying save your money. Even with a long tow vehicle like ours, I had some minor sway problems when fully loaded for travel mode. Perhaps 500 lbs in the Yukon and not all of it can be loaded in front of the rear axle since we need room for our 2 girls in the center seats. Couple this with a fully loaded TM and you still have some potential for sway - I hit the "sway" wall just about 65 mph and sooner with strong winds or big trucks passing by. We installed the EQ hitch just prior to a 10-day trip from AZ to Yellowstone a few weeks ago and I was simply AMAZED at how well the Yukon handled. It was truly like "floating" through turns and higher speeds were no longer an issue. I never exceeded 70 for safety even though posted speeds were 75 in some areas. Winds, rain, trucks, etc all were so much easier to deal with. I am sold on the EQ hitch and drove with so much less stress it was amazing.

Wade