Thread: Window Tinting
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #7
colorado

i just finished tinting my tm you do have to remove the screen and frame and there is a rubber string holding the screen you pull that off and the frame part pry it slowly with screwdriver to install it snaps back in with nose pliers i used 20% tint i could have used even darker but 20% gives enough privacy,main thing is cleaning windows really good with razor lots of liquid solution <water/soap> ,had hard time with corners if thecut is not perfect ,but it looks good ,
i thought that 20 % will be to dark on inside but its not the case hope this helps
to put screen back you snap the screen frame in and get little roller for screens at home depot or lowes i used one for regular home screens to push the screenrod in here are some picks of it with the tint this is 97 so windows could be different
any ways friends i hope this helps installing tint not the easiest job buy extra tint i wasted about 3 feet at first on one window few tries

good luck

97 2518 almost finished
50watt solar ,lots done and still mods to do
o great cant put pics in ,well getting late i will take a look tommorow on how to post picks on the forum,kind of new here

any ways biggest thing is cleaning the windows any small dirt will give you air bubbles check on you tube any video you can about tinting keep wetting window and tint when sqeeging so you dont scratch the tint ,
ok got pics in with finished tinted windows
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resized pic2.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	7838   Click image for larger version

Name:	resized pic 1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	7839   Click image for larger version

Name:	resized pic 3.jpg