Thread: foil babies
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #2
BrigCA61

That sounds good and simple. I love meals like that because we usually spend the day hiking or involved in other activities and there's not much energy left for a big cooking event.

I made something similar during our camping trip this weekend at the beach. Purchased some fresh rock cod filets from a local fisherman, seasoned with dill weed, and other seasonings with a little salt, placed the fish onto a buttered sheet of foil along with some lemon slices and diced onion and then sealed the foil packet... cooked approx. 10 minutes per side on a covered bbq til done and then just ate it out of the foil pouch.......very delicious. I also made a baked potato by slicing it into 1/2 in. pieces (skin still left on) and then added a thin slice of onion and a slice of butter in between each potato slice... wrapped it tightly in foil and cooked it in the covered bbq for approx 25 minutes til done.

I was thinking of doing something similar with apples or other fresh fruit, like peaches, pineapple, plums, etc... and adding some sugar, cinnamon and when done, finally either fresh whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream as a desert.