View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 10:26 AM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

The leak in the second picture is going to be more difficult to find. You might start by poking a light up inside the cavity to find the direction that water is flowing. In other words, is it coming from the front of the cavity and flowing straight down? Or is it coming from the top rear of the cavity, and flowing across the top of the cavity before turning downward.

I'm trying to think how it could be related to the window leak. That seems to be a pretty thin possibility.

The leak could be coming from any number of places on the roof. Since the roof is arched, water coming in anywhere would tend to flow to the edge of the roof before turning downward. I'm looking at the air conditioner, vents, the seals at the edge of the roof, and so forth. I'm assuming that you have looked closely along all of these things, checking for loose or missing caulk. I'm also assuming that you have had no interior leaks that might steer us.

I hesitate to suggest that you remove the narrow panel at the edge of the shell, above the leak site. I've never done it, so I don't know what is inside there.

Several suggestions have been made in the responses above. You need to tell us what you have and have not done about them before we can hope to go further. Sad to say, there is unlikely to be a magic "Aha!" solution.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote