View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Seems like a lot of those black grill covers get lost or broken. The good news is that they can be replaced at any number of RV parts places. The bad news is that they are kind of pricey.

If you are camped, you are not interested in a mail order replacement that takes a week to get to you. Fortunately, there is no real problem with camping or traveling with no grill cover in place. When the grill cover is in place, the fan is open to the sky above, right through the cover. The only thing the cover does is keep big sticks from falling into the fan, or maybe a bird or a rock kicked up from the road. It does not exclude rain or snow or sand or fine gravel. So replace it as soon as you can, but in the meantime, don't fret. I've been there, done that.

In the meantime, if you can find a big RV parts place, try them. Or an RV service place might have replaced a Coleman 9000-series, and scrapped the old one which would have the grill. Or order it when you get home. I have no idea where you are, of course, but an alternative source might be an RV Salvage outfit.

When I got my new one, I found it was held in place with three big Phillips head screws, which you will have to remove in order to get the broken parts out. I suggest that you also buy a small tube of BLUE Loctite (aka thread locker) - NOT RED! Put a drop on each screw as you re-install it.

In the end, you may have to buy the entire shroud anyway - think $250 or so.
I'll try to find an RV mail order place that has them, and post back here.
... Amazon will sell you the entire shroud for about $280 bucks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote