View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 01:29 PM   #6
Lesherp
Site Sponsor

Dave,

I think the guy at Camping World was thinking about Bearing Buddy as he told me if I used the EZ lube I would contaminate my brakes. I had forgotten he told me that. He said that they would only be used on trailers without brakes, like a boat trailer. It seems strange someone with years of experience would not be familiar with EZ lube. Concerns me as to how reliable their service people are. I was looking at a post about Wolf Pup by Forest River the other day and saw they have them so they are not just on TM.

In 50 years of doing my own car repair I have only had a bearing go out once so I am not overly concerned. I repacked them by hand a couple of years ago, when I replace my brakes, and they looked fine. But given the inconvenient and possible consequences of a failure on the road was considering just replacing them. I have always carried a set of bearings for the TM just in case I had a problem in a rural area. Anyone can replace them but they may not be available where you break down.

Thanks for the information. At least now I have some idea what the guy at CW was probably talking about.

Roger

Dealer Options:swing tongue, sink cabinet, awning, air conditioning, tile

Modification: 15“ tires & monitor system, WDH, Prodigy B.C., 2-6 V. batteries & clipper monitor, LED's. Additional modifications can be seen in albums.
Pictures of campsites and places we visited can be seen at https://www.flickr.com/photos/101899116@N06/sets/.

Lesherp is offline   Reply With Quote