View Single Post
Old 01-07-2024, 05:32 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Sienna -

I don't see a trap in either of your photos, so I'm not sure why you are thinking of adding a trap. Perhaps you are just going to straighten out the slinky hose and use it to replace the entire black pipe.

Let me be sure I understand the situation. It seems that in your first picture, the gray plastic drain fixture in your TM has cracked, and presumably leaks. You can unscrew the black pipe from the bottom of the gray piece, and you can remove the gray piece from the sink. All the black pipe is in OK condition. You got a replacement sink fitting from TM - the silver piece in the second photo - but it is shorter than the gray piece that you removed. As a result, the black pipe won't reach the silver piece. You need to bridge that gap. It appears that the gap would be only an inch or two long.

Am I good so far? If so, there may be a couple possibilities for bridging that short gap. I'm thinking that a clamp-on rubber boot would bridge the gap. Or a short cut-to-length PVC drain extender would work. Maybe?

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Drain extender.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	22948  
Attached Images

Bill is offline   Reply With Quote