View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #22
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Well, maybe. On the other hand, at one time the factory-installed lift kit (the square steel tube) was welded into place rather than bolted. It is possible, I suppose, that they used that particular installation as a production example. Should have known better - but then again, if they didn't weld, they might have had to drill big bolt holes in the frame and/or the kit.

Not to say that I know why they did what they did - but it is possible that it is legit.

Bill
I may be wrong but I thought that the lift kit came pre-drilled, with the bolts and everything. I didn't think that the price ($275) was that far out of line, it was just the comment about "Welding" that seemed a bit odd. I may be way off track about that. Maybe they bolted and welded it. Sure seems like over-kill, if they did. Double nutting the bolts would have been plenty effective IMO but it's not my shop.

BTW.... I got a quote from a local detailing company to buff-out and wax my trailer.. $300......and that's in Beverly Hills. They have a mobile unit that comes to us or I could bring the trailer to them.....same price.